KAWARTHA LAKES-Two Fenelon Falls residents are facing charges after police raided a home in the middle of the night.
City of Kawartha Lakes OPP officers executed a search warrant at a residence on County Road 8 in Fenelon Falls just after midnight on October 5, 2023.
The Central Region Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), Central Region Emergency Response Team (ERT), City of Kawartha Lakes Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) and Peterborough County CSCU executed the search warrant at a property in relation to a drug trafficking investigation.
Police say they seized:
- Over $1,800 cash
- Over 200 grams of Cocaine
- A variety of other drugs
As a result of the investigation the following people were arrested and charged:
23-year-old Blake Findlay of Fenelon Township, has been charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of a Schedule I substance – Opioid (other than heroin)
21-year-old Jayson Findlay of Fenelon Township, has been charged with:
· Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
· Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
The accused are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay on October 26, 2023.