KAWARTHA LAKES-Spring curbside leaf and yard waste collection returns in June. Residents are asked to place leaf and yard material in dry paper bags at their curbside before 7am on your designated date.
For residents who have waste and recycling collection on Mondays and Wednesdays, curbside leaf and yard collection will take place on Friday June 2.
For residents who have waste and recycling collection on Tuesdays and Thursdays, curbside leaf and yard collection will take place on Friday June 9.
Leaf and yard waste best practices:
- Bags need to be kept dry; wet leaf and yard bags will not be picked up. Keep your bags dry by placing them in a storage shed, garage or under a tarp until your day of collection.
- Items placed in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Additional yard waste can be bundled with string or twine, at a size less than three feet in length and 40 pounds in weight.
- Grass clippings, sod, root balls, stumps and branches over three inches in diameter will not be accepted for curbside collection.
- Please do not rake or blow leaves into ditches, this can create blockage and cause drainage issues.
Do you have other random waste at home that you’re looking to get rid of? Learn more about the different Spring and Summer Waste Diversion Programs we offer residents here.