KAWARTHA LAKES-Anne Overhoff, Ross Memorial Hospital’s Vice President Clinical and Chief Nursing Executive, will be retiring on February 24, 2023.
“I am forever grateful for the opportunities Ross Memorial has given me to grow professionally. I have enjoyed the challenges of being a Director and the Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive. I have always viewed my role as a privilege and an honour to serve the clinical staff. One of my greatest achievements is helping develop a strong clinical leadership team that will continue the great work being done here at Ross Memorial. I am thankful for getting to work with so many wonderful, dedicated people.” said Anne Overhoff, Vice President Clinical and Chief Nursing Executive, Ross Memorial Hospital
Overhoff has spent the last 14 years at Ross Memorial Hospital (RMH) and has been in nursing for 39 years. She joined the hospital as Director of Clinical Care and Medical in 2009, before ascending to her current role on the hospital’s Senior Team in 2017.
Among her achievements during her time at the Ross;
- Serving as Chief Nursing Executive through the COVID-19 global pandemic
- Implementing a COVID-19 ward on the Surgical Unit, as well as overseeing the COVID-19 Assessment Centre and more than 60,000 vaccinations in the community
- Overseeing the implementation of Epic for the clinical care team, the largest digital clinical information system upgrade in RMH history
- Improved nurse-to-patient ratios
- Reduction in the number of Alternate Level of Care (ALC) patients, resulting in improved patient flow
- The introduction of Nurse Practitioners to work closely with hospitalists on acute and post-acute care
Overhoff says she is s looking forward to spending more time with her family, enjoying the outdoors, and travelling.
“Anne has had an exceptional career in healthcare that deserves to be celebrated. She holds a wealth of knowledge and is a dedicated healthcare professional, which has been displayed through her leadership and advocacy on behalf of Ross Memorial’s clinical care team. It has been a true pleasure working with Anne, both professionally and personally. I wish her the very best in her retirement.” commented Kelly Isfan, President & CEO, Ross Memorial Hospital.
Ross Memorial has hired an interim Vice President Clinical and Chief Nursing Executive, which will be announced in the near future.