KAWARTHA LAKES-Kawartha Lakes Police Police Service arrested a man wanted for attempted murder in Sault Ste. Marie.
Police say on May 13, 2021 officers in Sault Ste. Marie attempted to conduct a traffic stop of a vehicle being driven by the accused. When officers engaged emergency lights and sirens the accused evaded police and fled the area at a high rate of speed according to police.
On May 14, 2021 officers responded to a call of a man suffering from gunshot wounds in the 500 block of North Street. Upon arrival, officers say they located the victim and he was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
An investigation began and determined the accused allegedly attended the residence of the victim, an argument ensued and the accused shot him multiple times and fled the area according to police.
On May 26, 2021 officers with the Peterborough Police Service arrested 29-year-old Zach Bisaillon, wanted by Sault Ste. Marie Police, in connection to an unrelated incident and released.
On June 1, 2021 officers with the Kawartha Lakes Police Service executed a warrant for his arrest on behalf of the Sault Ste. Marie Police
He is charged with:
- Attempted Murder
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to a Prohibition Order x2
- Discharging a Firearm with Intent
- Dangerous Operation
- Flight from Peace Officer
- Careless use of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Pointing a Firearm
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Knowingly Possessing an Unauthorized Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
He was held for bail court