KAWARTHA LAKES-Three locals are facing multiple charges after a disturbance at Garnet Graham Park in Fenelon Falls.
Police say on July 17th at approximately 8:30p.m. officers from the City of Kawartha Lakes OPP were called to the park after multiple persons indicated that an altercation was occurring.
The ensuing investigation resulted in the seizure of substances suspected to be fentanyl, cocaine and cannabis, as well as a large sum of Canadian currency according to police. Three people were arrested and now face multiple charges.
Charlotte Davis, 22 years of age was charged with the following offences:
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – opioid (other than heroin), contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime, over $5 000 – in Canada, contrary to the Criminal Code
Stephen Jackson, 29 years of age, was arrested and charged with the same offences as well as with the Criminal Code offence of failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court.
Randy Laughlin, 32 years of age, was arrested and charged with the same offences as Davis, along with the following Criminal Code offences:
- Three counts of fail to comply with probation order
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order