KAWARTHA LAKES-The City of Kawartha Lakes OPP executed a search warrant in Cameron that resulted in the seizure of a firearm, ammunition and a knife according to officers.
Early this morning the City of Kawartha Lakes OPP Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), with assistance from members of the Emergency Response Team (ERT), Canine Unit and Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), executed a search warrant at a residence in Cameron. Nearby residents reported a heavy police presence and the use of a loudspeaker.
One person was located and arrested. Officers also reportedly seized ammunition, a semi-automatic rifle, knives, various firearm parts and a prohibited device.
The Kawartha Lakes Police Service also assisted with this investigation.
34-year-old Steven Bedard of Lindsay was charged with:
· Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
· Possession of a Firearm while Prohibited
· Possession of ammunition while Prohibited
· Possession of a prohibited device while Prohibited
· Careless Storage of a Firearm
· Possession of Prohibited Device
· Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
The accused has been held for a bail hearing.