PETERBOROUGH-A 20-year-old Woodville man is facing impaired charges after an incident early Sunday morning in Peterborough.
At approximately 12:25am on November 12 an officer on general patrol in the Lansdowne Street and Brealey Drive area noticed two vehicles driving in the same direction with one of the vehicles being driven in the wrong lane several times according to police. The officer conducted a traffic stop just south of Sir Sandford Fleming Drive and Airport Road with the vehicle that had been driving in the wrong lane.
As a result, a 20-year-old Woodville man was arrested and charged with:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Drive Motor Vehicle – Perform stunt – Excessive speed (Highway Traffic Act)
- Novice driver – B.A.C. above zero (Highway Traffic Act)
- Drive wrong way – divided highway (Highway Traffic Act)
- Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available (Cannabis Control Act)
The accused was issued an automatic 90-day license suspension and a seven-day vehicle impoundment, released on an appearance notice and is scheduled to appear in court December 11, 2023.
No name was released.