KAWARTHA LAKES-The City of Kawartha Lakes OPP laid multiple charges for drug possession and prohibited driving-related offences at a RIDE (Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere) check on September 18th.
Shortly before midnight while conducting a RIDE program on Highway 35 in Fenelon Township, police say officers identified a prohibited driver at the checkpoint. The driver was subsequently arrested. Through further investigation officers ended up seizing drugs and bear spray according to police.
As a result, 45-year-old Joshua Campbell of Ops Township has been charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – (Ecstasy)
- Obstruct Peace Officer
- Operation while Prohibited
- Failure to comply with probation order
- Driving while under suspension
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay on October 26, 2023.