PETERBOROUGH-Members of the Peterborough County OPP conducted a traffic stop that resulted in drug and firearm charges.
Officers say they initiated a traffic stop after observing a vehicle allegedly swerving on Lansdowne Street on April 25, 2023, at approximately 10:50p.m.
As part of the investigation, officers say they seized two loaded firearms, a rifle, multiple-edged weapons, illicit drugs, Canadian currency, a conducted energy weapon, and other drug paraphernalia.
47-year-old Eugene D’Auteuil of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
· Possession of property obtained by crime-over $5000
· Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Opioid
· Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
· Tampering with serial number of a Firearm – two counts
· Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition – four counts
· Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm – three counts
· Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted Firearm – two counts
· Breach of Firearms Regulation – Store firearm or restricted weapon
· Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – Other Drugs
The accused was held for Bail and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough on April 27, 2023.