KAWARTHA LAKES-Some lots of Nestle GoodStart Soothe baby formula has been recalled due to possible Cronobacter sakazakii contamination.
The recalled product has been sold nationally according to Health Canada. The specific batches that have been recalled are: 942 gram sizes with UPC 0 55000 38369 1 and batch numbers below.
|Nestlé Good Start
|Soothe (infant formula)
|0 55000 38369 1
|Batch no: 301757651Z (EXP 2024 JL 18), 301757652Z (EXP 2024 JL 18), 301857651Z (EXP 2024 JL 19)
Officials say food contaminated with Cronobacter sakazakii may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Although Cronobacter sakazakii is not commonly linked to human illness, in rare cases it can cause serious or fatal infections. Cronobacter sakazakii can cause rare bloodstream and central nervous system infections and has been associated with severe intestinal infection (necrotizing enterocolitis) and blood poisoning (sepsis), especially in newborns.
What you should do
- If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor
- Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home or establishment
- Do not consume the recalled products
- Do not serve, use, sell, or distribute the recalled products
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased
According to the government this recall was triggered by the company and there have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product to date.