PETERBOROUGH-Peterborough County OPP stopped a vehicle for a possible Highway Traffic Act violation on Television Road at 6:45pm yesterday evening. Police say further investigation revealed the driver was driving while suspended and officers say they located cocaine, Canadian currency, scales, cell phones and other drug paraphernalia during a search of the vehicle.
35-year-old Brandon Liakakos of Hastings Highlands, was arrested and charged with:
• Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking-cocaine
• Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime-under $5000
• Fail to comply with Probation Order
• Operate a motor vehicle without insurance
• Drive motor vehicle, no currently validated permit
• Drive while under suspension
• Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough on April 5, 2023.