KAWARTHA LAKES-He was young, handsome and a talented musician with a world of possibilities ahead of him. None of that mattered once drug addiction took hold. Lindsay’s Skylar Baldwin died of a drug overdose 8 years ago. He was just 23 years old and had suffered from addiction since he was 17. His mom Vera has embarked on a crusade to change how we look at drug addiction and the time it takes to get into treatment. We first shared his story in 2019 but thought we would share it again today for International Overdose Awareness Day.