13.7 C
Kawartha Lakes
Saturday, June 3, 2023
No menu items!
HomeNewsOne Person Dead And Five Firefighters Sent To Hospital After Carbon Monoxide...

One Person Dead And Five Firefighters Sent To Hospital After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Northumberland

KAWARTHA LAKES-Members of the Northumberland OPP assisted with a death investigation at an address in Hamilton Township where one man succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning and five firefighters were sent to the hospital.

On February 14th, 2022, at approximately 2:08p.m., members of the Northumberland OPP responded to a report of an unresponsive male who was discovered inside a building.

Emergency services transported the male, along with five firefighters who had attempted medical rescue, to the hospital where the male was subsequently pronounced deceased.

The deceased is identified as 57-year-old Duane Pitchforth of Courtice.

A post-mortem was conducted and the cause of death was determined to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) were notified and are attending.

The five firefighters were treated and released from the hospital.

This is a stark reminder to check your fire and carbon monoxide detectors regularly.


Don't forget to sign up for our morning newsletter.

Catch up on all the local news while enjoying your coffee.

Pamela Vanmeer
Pamela Vanmeerhttps://www.kawartha411.ca/
Pamela VanMeer is a two time winner of the prestigious Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) Award. Her investigative reports on abuse in Long Term Care Homes garnered international attention for the issue and won the Ron Laidlaw Award. She is a former reporter and anchor at CHEX News, now Global Peterborough and helped launch the New CHEX Daily, a daily half hour talk show. While at CHCH News in Hamilton she covered some of the biggest news stories of the day.

Most Popular

Kawartha 411