KAWARTHA LAKES-A 24-year old Peterborough man is facing charges after Peterborough County OPP responded to a motor vehicle collision on County Road 504 at approximately 10:00pm on December 11, 2021.
Witnesses reported that the driver lost control of the vehicle and entered the ditch. Further investigation revealed that the vehicle had been stolen from the parking lot of a business located on Highway 7 in Otonabee-South Monaghan Township according to police.
Leroy Parker of Peterborough, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
• Theft over $5000 of a motor vehicle
• Operation while prohibited
• Possession property obtained by crime under $5000
• Fail to comply with Probation Order
• Possession property obtained by crime over $5000
The accused appeared for a bail hearing in the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough on December 12, 2021.
If you have information about suspected unlawful activity, please visit Crime Stoppers at: stopcrimehere.ca or call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).