KAWARTHA LAKES-If you had something stolen from a vehicle in the Cameron area, it may be waiting for you at the police station.
On June 28, 2021, just after 1:30 a.m., the City of Kawartha Lakes OPP responded to a call for service regarding a suspicious person attempting to enter vehicles in the Town of Cameron. Officers located the person and the ensuing investigation resulted in an arrest.
As a result, Jamie Boundy, 32 years of age, of Lindsay, has been charged with the following Criminal Code related offences:
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking- Opioid
- Possession of property obtained by Crime under $5,000
- Fail to comply with probation order – two counts
- Possession of ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order
- Theft under $5,000
- Trespassing at Night
The accused is being held for a bail hearing before the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay.
Investigators are hoping to reunite the recovered stolen property with its rightful owner(s). If you had property stolen from a vehicle in the Cameron area sometime between the 27th and 28th of June and believe it may have been recovered, please contact the City of Kawartha Lakes Detachment at (705) 324-6741.
The City of Kawartha Lakes OPP reminds local residents to:
- Always lock your vehicles and close the windows
- Remove all valuables from sight leaving nothing in your vehicle to steal
- Remove garage door openers from your car
- Never leave the car running and unattended
What to do if someone steals your garage door opener?
- Immediately disable the remote and reprogram the unit
- Get a deadbolt lock for the door between your garage and the inside of your house and always keep it locked
- Keep the garage door remote with you at all times – look into getting a mini-remote that fits on your key chain, or a smartphone App
- Hide your vehicle registration showing your home address