KAWARTHA LAKES-A family dispute has resulted in numerous charges for a local resident.
Police say on February 25th officers from the City of Kawartha Lakes OPP responded to a call for assistance that resulted in the arrest of a local resident.
The initial investigation indicated that a physical altercation had occurred between two family members, resulting in minor injuries to one of the involved parties. Numerous firearms and other weapons were removed from the residence according to police.
Ryan Jones, 28 years of age, was arrested and charged with the following Criminal Code related offences:
- Assault caused bodily harm
- Uttering threats – cause death or bodily harm
- Mischief – destroys or damages property
- Two counts of assault with a weapon
- Forcible confinement
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
The accused was held for a bail hearing and will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay on February 26, 2021.