KAWARTHA LAKES-A Brampton resident is facing charges after police stopped a vehicle for speeding on the 115.
Police say Peterborough County OPP was conducting radar patrol on Highway 115 yesterday afternoon. Shortly after 3:30pm officers stopped a vehicle for allegedly speeding. The driver was found to be impaired and in possession of illicit drugs according to police. A search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of cash, fentanyl, crystal methamphetamine, cocaine, cannabis, scales and cell phones according to officers.
Nicholas PENISTON (age 23) of Brampton, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
· Traffick in Schedule I substance-cocaine
· Operation while impaired-drugs
· Traffick in Schedule I substance-opioid
· Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
· Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000
· Traffick in Schedule I substance-methamphetamine
· Drive vehicle with cannabis readily available
· Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough on March 25, 2021.