KAWARTHA LAKES-A recent vehicle stop conducted by Kawartha Lakes OPP resulted in the drivers’ arrest.
On January 15, 2021 an officer from the City of Kawartha Lakes detachment of the OPP was patrolling on Highway 35 near Powles Road when a vehicle was observed travelling with a headlight violation. The vehicle was stopped and the ensuing investigation indicated that the driver had been consuming alcohol according to police.
As a result, Terry Barlow, 60 years of age, of Dysart Et Al, was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus) , contrary to the Criminal Code
- Drive left of centre on a curve, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act (HTA)
- Drive without proper headlights – motor vehicle, contrary to the HTA
- Driver fail to surrender licence, contrary to the HTA
- Fail to surrender insurance card, contrary to the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay on March 18, 2021.