KAWARTHA LAKES-The pools at the Lindsay Recreation Complex are scheduled to re-open on Monday, July 20 under strict new COVID-19 safety protocols.
The pools will be open for fitness and fun swims. Officials say although the pools are re-opening things will be a bit different; all swims will be free of charge but swimmers will need to pre-register ahead of time for their desired swim using the Kawartha Lakes Online Registration website.
All swim blocks will be 45 minutes in length. In addition to physical distancing guidelines the number of swimmers will be limited and participants will be required to adhere to specific COVID-19 pool rules:
- Swimmers must ensure they maintain physical distance (minimum of 2 meters or roughly 6 feet) from other swimmers at all times while in the aquatic centre.
- Sharing of water bottles, towels, goggles or other equipment will not be permitted.
- Snorkels will not be permitted.
- There will be no access to pool equipment or toys, if patrons wish to use training equipment, they must bring their own.
- Swimmers will be required to shower and change at home prior to attending the aquatic centre. There will be no access to change rooms except for walking through to the pool deck. Swimmers must come prepared to swim.
- Patrons must follow directional signage and pool traffic flow as outlined at the aquatic centre.
- No spectators will be permitted. All attendees must be registered and swimming in the pool, seating will not be available.
- As per public health standards all participants will be required to wear a mask while in the building (with the exception of while in the pool).
Swimmers can register up to 7 days in advance and limited space will be available. To view the swim schedules or to book your swim time visit www.kawarthalakes.perfectmind.
Current clients can log in to their Online Registration account to sign up for swimming sessions. New clients will be required to set up an account prior to registering for a session. For more information and details on how to set up an account visit www.kawarthalakes.ca/swim or email [email protected]