KAWARTHA LAKES-Members of the Ontario Provincial Police Community Street Crime Unit of Kawartha Lakes – Haliburton shut down Highway 115 for a high-risk takedown on Monday.
Police say at approximately 4:30 pm traffic was stopped on Highway 115, in both directions just south of Highway 35, in order to safely facilitate the arrest of the accused.
Charged with the following offences are Jacquille BECKFORD-GREEN, 23 years of age of Ajax and Osahon Osaigbovo, 23 years of age of Etobicoke:
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm contrary to the CCC
- Breach of Firearms Regulation – transport firearm or restricted weapon contrary to the CCC
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number has been Tampered With contrary to the CCC
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Firearm contrary to the CCC
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
The OPP’s Tactical Response Unit (TRU), Physical Surveillance Unit, Emergency Response Unit (ERT), K-9 Unit, Aviation Unit and the Peterborough-Northumberland Street Crime Unit all assised in the operation.
The accused are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay March 19, 2019 for a bail hearing.