KAWARTHA LAKES-With spring flowers comes the possibility of spring flooding in some areas of the City of Kawartha Lakes.
Kawartha Lakes Fire Rescue Service, in partnership with the Public Works division, has prepared both pre-filled sandbags as well as provided materials for residents to make their own sandbags to assist with flood preparation.
Please see the below for information on what materials are available and where they can be found:
Pre-filled sandbags are available at the following locations:
- Burnt River Community Centre: 16 Somerville Centre Rd, Burnt River
- Coboconk Legion Ball Park: 6699 Highway 35, Coboconk
Sand and bags for filling are available at the following locations (shovel required):
- Ward Park Norland Community Centre: 7675 Highway 35 North, Norland
- Dalton Community Centre: 13 Rumohr Drive, Sebright
- Chisholm Trail south of Black River Road near Amon Drive
Please note for locations with sand and bags available, residents will need to bring their own shovel to fill the bags.
With the sandbags and materials now available, residents are encouraged to take advantage of the supplies and prepare their properties now. As the warmer weather approaches with the possibility of rain in the forecast, it’s important to act now and ensure you have a plan in place should flooding occur.