KAWARTHA LAKES-Proof of Vaccination Protocols will be implemented for recreation, meeting and event space facilities as well aquatic, fitness, leisure and public skating programming effective September 22, 2021. The protocols are based in accordance with the directives outlined in the Ontario Ministry of Health Proof of Vaccination Guidance for Businesses and Organizations under the Reopening Act version 1 – September 14, 2021.
Effective September 22, 2021, patrons 12 years of age and older seeking access to the following municipal premises must show proof of identification and proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before they can enter the facility. (with limited exceptions)
- Indoor areas of facilities used for sports and recreation fitness activities.
- Including gyms, fitness/sporting/recreational facilities, pools, leagues sporting events, and indoor areas of facilities where spectators watch events.
- Indoor areas of meeting and event spaces.
- Including, community halls, event facilities and meeting rooms.
The proof of identification and proof of vaccination against COVID-19 requirements under O. Reg. 364/20 do not apply to:
a) A patron who is entering an indoor area solely for the following purposes:
- to use a washroom;
- to access an outdoor area that can only be accessed through an indoor route;
- to make a retail purchase or obtain a retail service (e.g., skate sharpening, Canteen purchases)
- while placing or picking up an order, including placing a bet or picking up winnings in the case of a horse racing track;
- while paying for an order;
- to purchase admission; or
- as may be necessary for the purposes of health and safety.
All other public health measures (e.g., masking and physical distancing) will continue to apply to patrons.
b) Children under 12 years of age.
c) Patrons under 18 years of age who are entering the indoor premises of a facility used for sports and recreational fitness activities solely for the purpose of actively participating in an organized sport, in accordance with the guidelines below.
- The exemption relating to youth under 18 years of age, actively participating in indoor organization sport applies to training, practices, games and competitions. Examples of an organized sport for while the exemption applies include:
- sports leagues
- organized pick-up sports
- dance classes
- martial arts
- swimming classes
d) Proof of identification and proof of being fully vaccinated will not be required for workers or volunteers, including coaches and officials.
The exemption does not apply to youth who are spectators at sporting events. Nor does the exemption apply to youth who are using a gym or other area with exercise equipment or weights unless actively participating in an organized sport.
Proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and proof of identification (or proof of being entitled to another exemption) is required for patrons 18 years and older, including parents or guardians of youth actively participating in an organized sport.
All other public health and workplace safety measures in O. Reg. 364/20 will remain in effect (including but not limited to capacity limits, patron screening, masking, physical distancing and collection of patron contact information where required).