KAWARTHA LAKES-With the August long weekend approaching, Kawartha Lakes is reminding residents of municipal services and hours of operation over the Civic holiday on Monday August 2, 2021.
Waste and Recycling
- The Lindsay Ops landfill will be closed on Monday August 2. Fenelon and Somerville landfills will be open under regular summer hours.
- All waste and recycling collection days will move forward one day next week.
- All Kawartha Lakes Public Library branches will be closed August 2. Regular branch hours will resume on August 3.
- For more information about the Kawartha Lakes Public Library, please visit their website.
Municipal Administration and Service Centres
- Currently the Lindsay Service Centre and Coboconk Service Centre are open to the public with limited services and safety measures. Both service centres will be closed on August 2, returning to regular office hours from 8:30am to 4:30pm on August 3.
- Municipal services can be accessed by calling Customer Service at 705-324-9411 during regular operating hours.
Parks, Recreation and Culture
- All Parks, Recreation and Culture facilities will be closed on August 2. This includes contacting the administrative office, all recreation centres, arenas and pools, fitness classes and swimming programs.
- To confirm which facilities and programs are currently open during Step Three, please visit the “Community Services – Parks, Recreation and Culture” section of the COVID-19 webpage.
- There will be no Lindsay Transit or LIMO Specialized Transit Service on August 2.
Fireworks safety and reminders
Kawartha Lakes Fire would like to remind residents of the importance of safety while using fireworks and best practices to ensure they can be enjoyed responsibly. New restrictions surrounding consumer fireworks that are purchased at a convenience or retail outlet are now in effect.