KAWARTHA LAKES- Kawartha Lakes Police say officers continue to receive reports of packages being stolen off of porches in the Lindsay area.
With pandemic safety measures continuing into 2021, people are continuing to turn to online shopping now more than ever.
Police are reminding residents to stay vigilant as thieves are taking advantage of opportunities, and stealing packages that are unattended or easily accessible at residences.
Tips to avoid package thefts:
- When possible, arrange for a specific delivery time or window to ensure that you will be home.
- Monitor your tracking number to ensure that you are around when the package is delivered.
- Ask a neighbour if they could receive your package if you won’t be home at the time of delivery.
- Have your package delivered to a pick up point to ensure that it isn’t left unattended.
- Get a “safe drop” or locked mailbox for packages.
- Keep clear sightlines to your porch, leave on lights and install security cameras if possible.
Police are also urging those who see suspicious activity in their neighbourhood to report it.