KAWARTHA LAKES-A 37 year old man from Whitchurch-Stouffville is facing a number of charges after allegedly blowing by an OPP cruiser parked on the shoulder of Highway 35.
Police say on November 14, 2020 an officer from the City of Kawartha Lakes detachment of the OPP was parked on the shoulder of Highway 35 with emergency lights activated when a vehicle passed at a high rate of speed. The officer subsequently stopped the vehicle and the ensuing investigation led to the arrest of the driver.
Danny Canning, 37 years of age, has been charged with the following offences:
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus), contrary to the Criminal Code
- Possession property obtained by crime over $5 000, in Canada, contrary to the Criminal Code
- Driving while under suspension, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Use plate not authorize for vehicle, contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance, contrary to the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay on January 28, 2021.