KAWARTHA LAKES-The City of Kawartha Lakes Police Service is investigating three suspicious incidents that have occurred in the southern section of Lindsay during the previous two weeks.
Police say in each incident, a male suspect has approached a woman who was walking alone and exposed his genitals to her. All three incidents have occurred after midnight. The male suspect is described as being:
- White male, approximately 20 to 30 years old
- 5 feet to 5 feet, 5 inches tall
- Thin to average build
- Light coloured straight hair
- May be riding a BMX style bike
The City of Kawartha Lakes Police Service is asking that anyone who has information about these incidents, or the male suspect involved, telephone (705)324-5252 and request to speak with a member of the Criminal Investigation Branch. Or if you wish to provide your information anonymously you can do so through Crime Stoppers at 1.800. 222.TIPS (8477) or at www.kh.crimestoppersweb.com.
The City of Kawartha Lakes Police Service would like to remind the public to consider their safety when walking alone at night.
- Refrain from wearing headphones or other devices that interfere with your ability to hear someone approaching you
- Don’t walk with a hood pulled over your head, or other clothing that may limit your visibility
- Travel through well lit areas and avoid dark places that with poor visibility
- Carry a cell phone so that you can call “911” in an emergency
- Ensure someone knows the destination you are walking to and what time you are expected to arrive
- If possible, don’t walk alone but travel with a person you trust