Peterborough County OPP along with Centre Hastings OPP helped Peterborough Police find a man wanted for an incident in the city on Saturday.
Peterborough County OPP were patrolling in the Village of Havelock and surrounding area for a vehicle that had failed to stop for Peterborough Police Service earlier Saturday morning.
Police say shortly after 10:00am, an OPP officer located a black Dodge Ram pickup they had been looking for. The officer began to follow the suspect vehicle until other police units could be in a position to initiate a traffic stop. It soon became clear the driver of the truck was avoiding police according to police. Officers say the suspect veered directly at one of the responding officers narrowly missing a collision and drove across a private lawn. Numerous officers from Peterborough County and Centre Hastings OPP Detachments were in the immediate area assisting. Police utilized a tire deflation device on Peterborough County Road 46 and were able to successfully stop the truck and arrest the driver.
20-year-old Leroy Keith Parker of Havelock is facing a number of charges:
- Flight from police
- Dangerous operation of a vehicle
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 (stolen licence plate)
- Possession of a schedule II controlled substance (marihuana)
- Assault police officer with a weapon (veering his vehicle at an officer)
- Mischief to property under $5000 (damage to front yard)
- Drive under suspension
Peterborough Police Service laid additional charges for an incident earlier in the day, that include:
- Dangerous operation of a vehicle (two counts)
- Flight from police (two counts)