KAWARTHA LAKES-Fall leaf and yard curbside collection returns this November in Kawartha Lakes. Residents are asked to please place leaf and yard material in dry paper bags curbside before 7am on their designated dates.
For residents who have waste and recycling collection on Mondays and Wednesdays, curbside collection will take place on Friday November 3 and Friday November 17.
For residents who have waste and recycling collection on Tuesdays and Thursdays, curbside collection will take place on Friday November 10 and Friday November 24.
Leaf & yard waste best practices:
- Bags need to be kept dry; wet leaf & yard bags will not be picked up. Keep your bags dry by placing them in a storage shed, garage or under a tarp until your day of collection.
- Items placed in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Additional yard waste can be bundled with string or twine, at a size less than three feet in length and 40 pounds in weight.
- Grass clippings, sod, root balls, stumps and branches over three inches in diameter will not be accepted for curbside collection.
- Please do not rake or blow leaves into ditches, this can create blockage and cause drainage issues.