KAWARTHA LAKES-Bancroft OPP has charged a driver with refusal following a report of a collision.
Police say on October 4, 2023, shortly after 9:00 p.m., officers responded to a two-vehicle collision on Highway 62 at Buckhill Road in Hastings Highlands Township. Four people sustained non-life-threatening injuries. The investigation resulted in the driver being arrested.
29-year-old Jonathan Rallison from Bancroft has been charged with the following offences:
– (Highway Traffic Act) Drive a motor vehicle with an open container of liquor;
– (Highway Traffic Act) Disobey stop sign – fail to stop;
– (Cannabis Control Act, 2017) Drive vehicle with cannabis readily available;
– (Criminal Code) Failure or Refusal to comply with demand; and
– (Criminal Code) Dangerous operation.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Bancroft on October 17, 2023.