PETERBOROUGH-One person has been arrested following an incident in the Municipality of Trent Lakes on Tuesday. The accused was already on probation.
At approximately 8:15 a.m., members of Peterborough County OPP were sent to a 911 call relating to an ongoing situation in the Trent Lakes area.
As a precaution, members of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) were dispatched to the area. Police say after a brief period, the male voluntarily exited the building and was taken into custody without incident.
A search of the property was conducted by the Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) and a handgun was located and seized according to police.
As a result, a 41-year-old male of East Gwillimbury, was arrested and charged with:
- Fail to comply with Release Order – 2 counts
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order – 2 counts
- Forcible Confinement – 3 counts
- Firearm – Use while committing offence
- Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
The accused was held for bail and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough. No name was released.