KAWARTHA LAKES-The rehabilitation of the Trent Canal Bridge located on Fenel Road (CKL 35) over the Trent Canal is anticipated to start on June 15, 2023.
Traffic will be reduced to one lane for the duration of the project. Short traffic stoppages may also be required.
The Corporation of the City of Kawartha Lakes has retained Bob Hendricksen Construction Ltd. to undertake the rehabilitation of the bridge. Chisholm, Fleming and Associates will be assisting the City with oversight on the project.
Project Scope Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the bridge deck and the construction of a 60 mm concrete overlay
- Rehabilitation of the concrete sidewalk and curb including 60mm overlay
- Replacement of the end wall & installation of new box beam railing systems
- Reconstruction of the deck and abutments to a semi-integral configuration
- Reconstruction of new approach slabs
- Concrete repairs to deteriorated concrete on fascia, soffit, wingwalls, abutments, diaphragms, girders and piers
- Installation of the new steel beam guide rail with end treatments
This construction work is anticipated to start June 15, 2023. Construction is anticipated to be completed by the Winter of 2023.