KAWARTHA LAKES-A 32-year-old Kinmount man is facing impaired charges after an incident early Friday morning in Peterborough.
A Peterborough Police Service officer on general patrol reported witnessing a vehicle turn the wrong way on George Street North. The officer conducted a traffic stop in the area of George Street and King Street and further investigation revealed the driver was suspended according to police.
As a result, a 32-year-old Kinmount man was arrested and charged with:
- Failure or refusal to comply with demand
- Operation While Prohibited under the Criminal Code
- Drive wrong way – one-way traffic (Highway Traffic Act)
- Driver fail to surrender licence (Highway Traffic Act)
- Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle (Highway Traffic Act)
- Driving while under suspension (Highway Traffic Act)
- Driving while under suspension – while suspended under HTA Sec 41/42 (Highway Traffic Act)
- Fail to have insurance card (Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act)
The accused was issued a 45-day vehicle impoundment.
The accused was released on an appearance notice and is scheduled to appear in court April 18, 2023.
Peterborough Police no longer release the names of people charged with impaired driving.