PETERBOROUGH-If you think winter is cool then Winterfest 2023 is the perfect tonic to help your family warm up and embrace the season.
Five Counties Children’s Centre is unveiling the lineup for its Winterfest 2023 ‘fun’draiser in February. Of note this year, Winterfest will include virtual events, but also the return of in-person activities which, although still smaller scale, will offer lots for families to do as the event transitions back to normal.
In-person events will happen on the Family Day weekend at malls in Peterborough and Lindsay, capped by a Peterborough Petes’ home game on Family Day Monday. There is also an online auction, a variety of fun, family-friendly events, and new in 2023, a creative ‘thank you card’ contest for kids that kicks off on February 1.
“If you suffer from the winter blahs, Winterfest 2023 is a great way to celebrate the season with fun, in-person and virtual activities for the entire family,” says Scott Pepin, CEO of Five Counties Children’s Centre. “Taking part in Winterfest also helps support the life-changing work provided by Five Counties to help kids with physical, communication and development needs in our communities.”
In 2022, Winterfest raised nearly $20,000 to support the programs and services provided by Five Counties to more than 6,000 children/youth and their families in Peterborough City-County, the City of Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland County and Haliburton County.
Canadian Tire stores in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg, Campbellford and Fenelon Falls return as Winterfest’s lead sponsor in 2023.
“Winterfest is a great way to embrace the season, while supporting the valuable work being done by Five Counties,” says Ralph Moulton, Canadian Tire – Peterborough South Owner. “We’re proud and pleased to again be able to assist a great community event and organization.”
Don’t miss any Winterfest 2023 festivities. Be sure to mark the following dates on the calendar:
- February 1-28 – Winterfest kicks off with the first-ever ‘Thank You Card Contest’ for Kids. Help Five Counties show appreciation to its supporters by writing words, creating a drawing, or colouring a picture that says, ‘thank you.’ Kids can enter to win prizes, and one child’s artwork will be selected and featured on Five Counties thank you cards. Find contest rules and colouring sheet samples on the Five Counties website.
- February 16-21 – Check out the many Winterfest Virtual Events available, including a workout with the Peterborough Petes, winter scavenger hunt, story times, baking demo, snow creature contest and magic show.
- February 16-21 – Winterfest gears up with its Online Auction featuring a selection of hand-made quilts, artisanal wood items, gift cards, kids’ toys, and more. Register to join the bidding.
- February 18 – See you in-person for fun, family-friendly Winterfest activities set for Lansdowne Place (645 Lansdowne St. W.) in Peterborough from 10 am to 2 pm.
- February 19 – Check out the fabulous Winterfest festivities coming to Lindsay Square Mall (401 Kent St. W.) in Lindsay from 10 am to 2 pm.
- February 20 – Cap the Family Day long weekend by cheering on the Peterborough Petes as the team hosts the Sudbury Wolves. Take part in a raffle and have a chance to win prizes, all while supporting Five Counties.