KAWARTHA LAKES-Police and fire crews are on the scene of a fire at Lucky 7 Restaurant near Oakwood.
The blaze broke out overnight at the eatery at the corner of Highway 7 and Elm Tree Road. The road was temporarily closed but has since reopened.
The building housed a restaurant and three apartments. Deputy Fire Chief Mike Matthews says the blaze was contained to an apartment in part of the building. One occupant and a pet made it out safely. 10 trucks with 25 firefighters responded to the call along with two support units.
Damage is pegged at $450,000. No cause has yet been determined.
“I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to ensure they have a working smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector in their home.” said Matthews.