PETERBOROUGH-A suspect has been arrested and charged after members of the Peterborough County OPP responded to reports of a suspicious person attempting to enter vehicles on Paul Rexe Boulevard. According to police the suspect was located by officers in an insecure garage.
32-year-old Kimberley Toews of Dysart et al, has been charged with:
- Break, enter a place with intent to commit indictable offence
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough on December 15, 2022.
This week is Crime Prevention Week. This year’s theme is Safer. Stronger. Together. Lock it or Lose it is a program that the Peterborough County OPP uses to raise public awareness year-round of the dangers of leaving vehicles unlocked and/or valuables in sight.
Some Lock it or Lose it tips are:
- Always roll up your vehicle’s windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
- Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.
- If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle.
- Never leave your car keys in plain view or in an easily accessible area
- Keep your vehicle registration certificate and proof of insurance on you at all times. Don’t leave these documents in your glove compartment
- Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view. Put them in the trunk.
- Inform your local police department if you see vehicles or vehicle-related activities that look suspicious.