PETERBOROUGH-Two people are facing drug trafficking charges and a loaded handgun was allegedly seized after Peterborough Police executed a search warrant Thursday.
Members of the drug unit and the Emergency Response Team (ERT) executed a search warrant at a residence on Park Street North just south of Sherbrooke Street on September 15.
Police say officers seized the following:
- A loaded handgun and extended magazine
- 3 grams of crystal meth
- 5.9 grams of fentanyl
- 178 opioid pills
As a result,
A 34-year-old Peterborough woman was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking- Other Drugs X3
- Possession of a Firearm knowing Serial Number has been Tampered With
- Fail to comply with probation X2
The accused was held in custody and will appear in court today, September 16, 2022.
A 47-year-old Peterborough man was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking- Other Drugs – Fentanyl
The accused was held in custody and will appear in court today, September 16, 2022. The accused was also wanted by Peterborough Police on two separate warrants according to police.
Peterborough Police no longer release the names of people charged with crimes.