KAWARTHA LAKES-A young offender is among three people charged after police allegedly seized fentanyl, cocaine and a loaded firearm in Lindsay.
On Friday September 2, 2022 at 8:22am while on patrol a Kawartha Lakes Police officer observed a vehicle parked in the rear parking lot of Cambridge Street South address in Lindsay. Police say a second vehicle was observed entering the parking lot, which pulled alongside the parked vehicle. Officers entered the lot and say they learned through investigation that one occupant of the parked vehicle was in possession of a firearm. Officers searched the vehicle and located a loaded firearm, also located were quantities of fentanyl, cocaine and pot according to police.
All three accused were held in custody to attend a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice, located at 440 Kent Street West in Lindsay.
All three accused been charged with the following offences;
- Breach of Firearms Regulation – Store firearm or restricted weapon
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition for dangerous purpose – handgun
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition for dangerous purpose – ammunition
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of weapon
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was firearm
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was prohibited device or ammunition
- Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of prohibited or Restricted Firearm / ammunition
- Tampering with serial number of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000
- Traffick in Schedule I substance X3
Accused 2 has been charged with the additional offence of;
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order
Accused 3 has been charged with the additional offences of;
- Fail to comply with probation order
- Fail to comply with sentence
Police say one of the accused is a young offender so in order to protect the identity of this offender as per the Youth Criminal Justice Act names of the accused individuals will not be released.