KAWARTHA LAKES-Peterborough County OPP responded to a traffic complaint on Highway 115 at approximately 9:00am on May 21, 2022. The vehicle was located and a search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of illicit drugs, Canadian currency, a conducted energy weapon and other drug paraphernalia according to the OPP.
33-year-old Irina Carter of Clarington, was arrested and charged with:
• Operation while impaired-alcohol and drugs
• Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime-over $5000
• Failure to comply with undertaking-two counts
• Possession of a Schedule I substance-heroin
• Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
• Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was prohibited or restricted weapon
The accused had their driver’s licence suspended for 90 days and vehicle impounded for seven days.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough on June 28, 2022.
The Peterborough County OPP reminds motorists to plan ahead when consuming drugs. Use a designated driver, cab, public transit, or stay overnight. Any amount of alcohol or drugs can impact your ability to make sound judgements.
If you have information about suspected unlawful activity, please visit Crime Stoppers at: stopcrimehere.ca or call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).