KAWARTHA LAKES-A search warrant executed on May 3 in Bancroft has resulted in the seizure of property including generators, lawn mowers, power tools, firearms and windows. Officers also seized a quantity of suspected methamphetamine and opioids according to police.
John STONE, 36 years of age from Bancroft, has been charged with:
- Possession of a schedule one substance – two counts
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 – one counts
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 – ten counts
- Break and enter – three counts
- Fail to comply with release order – three counts
- Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition – two counts
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm – two counts
The accused is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville on May 6, 2022.
Chantel ABRAMS, 30 years of age from Bancroft, has been charged with:
- Possession of a schedule one substance
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
The accused is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Bancroft on May 31, 2022.
If you have been a victim of a break and enter or theft and have not reported missing property, please contact the Bancroft OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Please be prepared to provide proof of ownership of the property by documents and/or written statements to police.
The Bancroft OPP wish to remind the public to record serial numbers of property and firearms. If your property does not have a serial number mark it with an identifier and take photographs in case you do happen to be a victim of a theft.