KAWARTHA LAKES–As we approach the Easter long weekend, Kawartha Lakes residents are reminded of municipal services and hours of operation over the holiday:
Waste and Recycling
All Landfills are closed April 15, Good Friday. There are no changes to curbside collection schedules.
All Kawartha Lakes Public Library branches will be closed April 15 with regular hours resuming on April 16. For more information please visit the website.
Municipal Administration and Service Centres
All administrative offices and Municipal Service Centres will be closed on April 15. Regular business hours will resume on Monday April 18.
Parks, Recreation and Culture
- The Lindsay Recreation Complex and Forbert Memorial Pool will be closed on April 15.
- No Aquatic lessons (swim lessons, aquafit, therapy) will run from Friday through Monday.
- There will be no fitness classes on Saturday April 16.
- All public swims, squash courts, gym access will maintain regular hours over the weekend.
- Additional Fun Swims have been added for the holiday weekend on Saturday from 10 to 12pm at Forbert Memorial Pool and Sunday from 4 to 6pm at the Lindsay Recreation Complex. Register online at www.kawarthalakes.perfectmind.
There will be no Lindsay Transit or LIMO Specialized Transit service on April 15.
A message from the HKPR District Health Unit:
If visiting others this holiday weekend, the Health Unit encourages the following:
- Stay home if sick, even if mild symptoms.
- Make sure you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, including having a booster dose.
- A strong recommendation to wear masks if visiting inside with others. Masks are an easy, effective way to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- If hosting a get-together, let guests know in advance what your expectations are around COVID-19 prevention measures (like mask use).
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often and sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- Open a window or door to increase ventilation if gathering indoors. If the weather permits, take the celebration outside.