KAWARTHA LAKES-Kawartha Lakes Police Service says officers seized a cache of guns, drugs and brass knuckles while executing a search warrant at a home in Lindsay.
On Thursday, March 24, 2022, members of the Kawartha Lakes Police Criminal Investigation Unit, Drug Unit and Street Crime Unit entered a residence on St Paul Street in Lindsay. As a result of the search warrant police allegedly located and seized the following items; a revolver that had been reported stolen in Durham Region, a shotgun, 3 replica firearms, a set of brass knuckles and a quantity of purple fentanyl.
As a result of this investigation, 23-year-old Tessa Geraghty of Lindsay, 23-year-old Andre Francis of Bowmanville, 24-year-old Ruby Carlton-Neal of Lindsay have been arrested and charged with the following Criminal Code and Controlled Drugs and Substance Act charges:
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of prohibited device or ammunition for a dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon
- Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Breach of firearms regulation – store firearm or restricted firearm
- Possession of property obtained by crime
- Possession of a schedule I substance
In addition to the above-listed charges, Geraghty has been charged with failure to comply with probation order according to police. Francis has been charged with failure to comply with release order and possession of property obtained by crime.
The accused parties have been held for a bail hearing and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice, located at 440 Kent Street West in Lindsay on March 25, 2022.