KAWARTHA LAKES-The Haliburton Highlands OPP has laid charges in response to a single motor vehicle rollover collision involving a stolen vehicle, which occurred on Essonville Line in the Municipality of Highlands East.
Police say on Tuesday February 1, 2022, shortly after 8:00 a.m., Haliburton Highlands OPP, with Haliburton County Paramedic Services (EMS) and Highlands East Volunteer Fire Department, responded to Essonville Line in Highlands East, for a single motor vehicle collision. According to officers both occupants of the motor vehicle fled the scene prior to police arrival. The involved motor vehicle had allegedly been reported stolen from the Greater Toronto Area.
OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT) members and OPP K9 responded to assist in search for the outstanding parties. Both the driver and passenger were located and transported to an area hospital for treatment. Their injuries are non-life-threatening.
As a result of the investigation, Natasha Perrin (31) of Dysart et al, was arrested and charged with:
· Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
· Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
· Driving while under suspension
· Fail to remain
· Fail to report accident
The passenger, Leigh Perrin (44) of Dysart et al, was also arrested and charged with:
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
- Possession Break In Instruments
- Failure to comply with release order
- Possession of Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order