KAWARTHA LAKES-The New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) 2021-2022 has started its call for proposals for community-based project grants – worth up to $25K for one year.
The application period will continue until December 21st, 2021 at 3pm Eastern time according to MP Jamie Schmale.
If organizations would like to apply for funding or learn more about this funding opportunity, visit this website here:https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/new-horizons- seniors.html?utm_campaign=not-applicable&utm_medium=vanity-url&utm_source=canada-ca_nhs
The objectives of the program are to:
- – Promote volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- – Engageseniorsinthecommunitythroughmentoringofothers;
- – Expand awareness of elder abuse including financial abuse;
- – Supportsocialparticipationandinclusionofseniors;and,
- – Provide capital assistance for new and existing community projects and programs for seniors.
For the 2021-2022 Call for Proposals, the following National Priorities were established:
Supporting healthy ageing including:
- addressing social isolation, including through supporting seniors’ digital literacy o addressing ageism mental health and dementia, and by developing and delivering virtual programming of the above
Preventing senior abuse including:
- helping seniors navigate access to government benefits, and providing support to file their taxes
- measurestoreducecrimesandharmagainstseniors Celebrating diversity and promoting inclusion including:
- promoting intergenerational mentoring and engagement serving members of the following vulnerable groups: Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of racialized communities and newcomer groups, members of the LGTBQ2+ communities, low-income seniors and veterans.
Helping seniors to age in place including providing practical supports to seniors to help them remain in their homes longer
Here is a link to the Application Guide:https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/new-horizons-seniors- community-based/applicant-guide.html