KAWARTHA LAKES-On September 29, 2021, at 9:15am the Kawartha Lakes Police received a call for the theft of a parcel.
Police say an alert citizen called police after observing a female take a package from a property on Cambridge Street South in Lindsay. Police located the suspect on Kent Street West, as a result of an investigation 24-year-old Larissa Forshaw of Lindsay was placed under arrest.
She is charged with theft under $5000 and possession of property obtained by crime under $5000. The accused will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice, located at 440 Kent Street West in Lindsay on November 4, 2021.
Kawartha Lakes Police Service is encouraging residents to report any suspicious people or activities.
Tips to protect against parcel theft:
• Most companies offer a tracking number. Use it to know when the package is expected to be arriving.
• Arrange to have the package delivered when you are home or ask a trusted neighbour to bring the parcel inside their home when it arrives.
• Have packages delivered to your work, to a Canada Post office or an authorized shipping centre.
• Install a motion sensor camera or doorbell cameras. Ensure they have adequate storage devices, as well as proper connections to power and internet where required.
• Get a ‘safe drop’ or locked mailbox for packages.
• Report suspicious activity to police.