KAWARTHA LAKES-The next cohort of Starter Company PLUS will be focus solely on supercharging current marketing efforts for small businesses.
This is an opportunity for existing businesses that have been operating from 3-7 years needing to boost their marketing strategies. The program will consist of training, mentoring, plus a $2500.00 grant, to be spent on professional marketing services to help make your business stand out from your competition.
The $2500.00 grant money will be awarded to use for; website creation and improvement, e-commerce, re-branding, marketing material/signage, social media strategies, promotions and online and offline advertising.
The program consists of 2 mandatory training days over 3 weeks that will cover all aspects of Marketing, Marketing Planning, 2 Roundtables lead by experts in their fields and 6 months of monthly meetings and Mentorship.
Eligibility Criteria –18 years of age or older
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Kawartha Lakes (proof required)
- Not currently enrolled in full-time education or employed full time
- Operating three years to seven years
- Working an average of 35 hours per week to run your business.
- Prepared to complete the mandatory Business Training Program
- Prepared to attend 6 mandatory mentor meetings
- Not participating in any other Government Funded Entrepreneurship Training Programs, and/or have not received funding from KLSBEC or other SBEC (Small Business Enterprise Centre) (i.e. grant recipients from Starter Company Plus, Second Start, Summer Company) or Digital Main Street in the last 2 years.
- Can demonstrate past marketing efforts and include examples
- A sole proprietorship or a corporation where the applicant will be the majority shareholder
- An independent business venture
- Scalable and innovative business
- Partnership where the applicant holds the Majority share; if 50/50 shared, only one partner may apply.
- Fits the Canada Revenue Agency definition of being self-employed in FORM RC 4110
- Operates at arm’s length from family business ventures in Ontario
- A business that operates full-time as defined in the business plan and maintains its own books and records
- Maintains a separate business bank account, following government rules and regulations for operating a business
- Franchises, commissioned sales and distributorships
- Business ventures that are continuations of existing commercial endeavours
- Not-for-profit, social enterprise, co-operatives or charitable enterprises
- Multi-level marketing ventures
- Single event such as musical ventures bands, DJs or dance/party event organizations
- Businesses that are strictly pay per click and 1-900 number businesses or subscription models.
$2500.00 training and grant to be used for professional marketing services.
Accepting applications from September 10 to October 4, 2021. The fall cohort will start in October 2021 (date to be confirmed based on the volume of applications)