Kawartha Lakes – The Ontario Provincial Police recently executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act related search warrant that resulted in the seizure of cash, drugs and drug paraphernalia.
According to police, on June 1, 2021 the Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), assisted by the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and Canine unit, attended a residence on Hickory Beach Road to execute the warrant. The investigation was assisted by the Peterborough Police Service.
Police say the warrant resulted in the seizure of the following items:
- 57g of a substance suspected to be Cocaine
- 1g of a substance suspected to be Fentanyl
- $2 200.00 Canadian currency
- Weigh scales
According to police, two local residents, Shirley Everson, 43, and Steven Norman, 41, were arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine, contrary to the CDSA
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – opioid (other than heroin), contrary to the CDSA
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000 – in Canada, contrary to the Criminal Code
The accused parties are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay on July 8, 2021.