KAWARTHA LAKES-The Lindsay Farmers Market will open Thursday with Coronavirus restrictions in place.
The Thursday and Saturday markets have received the green light to open from the health unit following strict Coronavirus protocols.
Lindsay Farmer’s Market Covid Expectations/Regulations
1. Visiting the Market website and social media in advance of attendance to read, understand and follow the protocol expected of shoppers at the market.
2. Connecting with vendors via phone, email or online store in advance where possible to pre-order and pre-pay for products so that they can be easily picked up at market.
3. Sending only one family member, if possible, to do the shopping.
4. If using reusable bags, the customer must fill the bag. Vendors should not be touching reusable bags.
5. Reading and following the direction of market organizers, volunteers, vendors, and all market signs that communicate Covid‑19 measures, self-screening questions at entry, masking and hand sanitizing requirements, pedestrian traffic flows and other notices.
6. It will be market policy for all vendors, customers and staff to wear masks as per the current provincial regulations.
7. Maintaining physical distancing (2 meters) from other customers and vendors at all times.
8. Not eating food at the Market.
9. Getting in and out quickly. Do not loiter or socialize in the market or parking lot.
If at any point a vendor or a market customer are not following these rules they will be asked to leave and not return.
The market features home grown vegetables, handmade jams, jellies and baked goods, crafts and more.
The Thursday market is from 10am to 3pm at Wilson Fields in Lindsay. The Saturday market is on Victoria Street downtown from 7am to 1pm.
Click here for more information: https://www.facebook.com/lindsayfarmersmarketsince1859/?ref=page_internal