KAWARTHA LAKES-A 22 year old Brampton resident is facing numerous charges in drug investigation in Lindsay.
On February 1, 2021 at 2:25pm, as part of an ongoing investigation, the City of Kawartha Lakes Police Service Drug Unit, was on scene at a residence on Lindsay Street North in Lindsay.
Police say as a result of this investigation, 22-year-old Christopher Moyles of Brampton was found in possession of a firearm and a quantity of purple Fentanyl. Purple Fentanyl is fentanyl mixed with heroin.
Moyles has been charged with the following:
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Carry Firearm, Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Careless Manner
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
Moyles was held for a bail hearing and will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice, located a 440 Kent Street West in Lindsay on February 2, 2021.